This page provides journal profiles, turnaround times, citation distributions, and citation-based metrics for the Science family of journals and is updated on a semi-annual basis. AAAS, the publisher of the Science family of journals, is a signatory of DORA and believes that a range of metrics should be used to evaluate journal quality.
The data below refer to full year 2022 and include article types “research articles,” “reports,” and “research resources.” Note that they do not include “reviews.”
|Publication||Submissions||Review Rate||Accept Rate|
|Science Translational Medicine||4,522||14%||5.8%|
- Submissions – The number of manuscripts submitted by journal, excluding withdrawn and duplicate manuscripts.
- Review Rate – The percentage of manuscripts externally reviewed by journal.
- Accept Rate – The percentage of manuscripts accepted by journal, calculated by dividing the number of manuscripts with an accept decision by the total number of manuscripts with a final decision.
Journal turnaround times
The turnaround times listed below include full year 2022 medians for each title in the Science family of journals. These turnaround times refer to research content only, and include article types “research articles,” “reports,” and “research resources.” Note that they do not include “reviews.”
|Publication||Submission to 1st Decision (Days)||Submission to 1st Post-Review Decision (Days)||Submission to Acceptance (Days)||Accept to Publish (Days)|
|Science Translational Medicine||6||56||156||27|
- Submission to 1st Decision (Days) – The median time from when a submission is received to when editors decide to either send a manuscript to review or to notify the authors that a manuscript was rejected.
- Submission to 1st Post-Review Decision (Days) – The median time from when a submission is received to when, following external review, editors send a decision to authors about whether a manuscript was sent back for revision or was rejected.
- Submission to Acceptance (Days) – The median time from when a submission is received to when a manuscript is accepted.
- Accept to Publish (Days) – The median time from when a manuscript is accepted to when it is published online.
The distributions of citations below show citations in full year 2021 to article types “research articles,” “reports,” and “research resources” published in 2019 and 2020, based on Web of Science data.
The metrics listed below originate from third-party services Web of Science and SCOPUS. Metrics data are current as of June 2022.
|Publication||2-year Impact Factor1||5-year Impact Factor1||Immediacy index1||Eigenfactor® score1||Article Influence Score1||h-index1||CiteScore2|
|Science Translational Medicine||19.319||22.173||4.982||0.09144||7.799||25||21.3|
Sources: 1Web of Science; 2Scopus